Infrastructure works on Service Areas
From 2000 to 2010 Pavimental executed an important long-term project to upgrade Service Areas throughout the entire motorway network, with business of approximately EUR 107 million.
180 projects were executed, spread throughout the branches of the main motorway sections: A1, A4, A7, A8, A9, A10, A11, A12, A13, A14, A16, A23, A26, and the side roads A27 and A30.
The works executed involved:
- enlarging the land areas of the works
- road foundations - systems for channelling and processing wastewater and rainwater
- cable ducts
- water systems
- road surfaces
- curbs, pavements, road barriers
- green areas and landscaping
- electric and video surveillance system
- light and heavy vehicle parking areas
- creation of horizontal and vertical signage
- safety works and fencing
- creation of base plates for lighting masts and new lighting towers.