What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a computer terminal when visiting a website. The text file stores information that the site is able to read upon successive visits. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the site, others are useful to the visitor, for example, because they are able to securely store the visitor’s username or language settings. The advantage of allowing cookies to be stored on your PC is to avoid having to communicate the same information each time you want to access a previously visited site.
According to its terms of service, Google will use this information, as data controller, for the purpose of evaluating use of the website, of compiling reports on website activity for use by site operators and of providing other services related to the website, the connection mode (via mobile, PC, specific browser, etc.) and the way in which the web-pages are searched for and found. Google may also transfer this information to third parties if required by law or when such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate the IP addresses collected with any other data held by Google.
To learn more about the privacy policies of Google in general, please visit their website
HOW CAN I DISABLE COOKIES?
You can change your browser settings to disable cookies via a very simple procedure.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools & then Internet Options.
- Select the Privacy tab & move the slider to set the desired level of privacy (up to block all cookies or down to accept all).
- Finally, click OK.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on Tools.
- Select Settings & then Advanced Settings.
- Select Content Settings under the list item Privacy.
- On the Cookies tab, uncheck cookies & then save your preferences.
- Open Firefox.
- In the toolbar at the top of the browser, select Tools
- and then Options (Windows users).
- Select Firefox & then Preferences (Mac users).
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Go to History settings: & then Use custom settings.
- Uncheck Accept cookies from sites & save the preferences.
- Open Safari.
- Click on Preferences in the toolbar and then select the Privacy panel in the following dialogue box.
- Under the section Cookies & website data you can specify if and when Safari should store cookies from websites. For more information click the Help button (indicated by a question mark).
- For more information on cookies that are stored on your computer, click on Details.